Open only to the Classic Minis. The registration for our 2017 Fall Colours Tour “Island Edition” is now open. The 2017 Fall Colours Tour “Island Edition”, runs from Friday, Sept 29 through Sunday, Oct. 1. This scenic tour is on only paved roads covering a total distance of 1000 km (620 miles), including getting to and from Vancouver Island. This unique driving experience is designed for classic cars and specialty vehicles brings you to some of Vancouver Islands most scenic, driver friendly roads, shorelines and other beautiful sights along with other like-minded classic car enthusiasts.
I just found out that August 28th. is an important date for some people. It is National Cherry Turnover Day. Onam is celebrated in India. Ghost Day is celebrated in Vietnam. It is also National Mouse Racing Day. In 1609 Henry Hudson began exploring the Bay of Delaware. In 1898 Pepsi-Cola was invented. In 1907 UPS was founded. In 1937 Toyota became an independent company. In 1965 Shania Twain was born. In 1982 Le Ann Rimes was born. In 1991 the collapse of the Soviet Union started and of course it is 20 days before my birthday on September 12th. So I believe we should all go out and celebrate by eating Ice Cream Drive Starts at 7:00 (ish) pm at the top of Mount Tolmie; We will cruise through the hoods and check out some cool cribs, cross over the line and through downtown to show off our cool rides, ending up at Mr. Tubbs for some rappin and ice cream at 3454 Tillicum Rd. about 8 pm.
V.M.C.C. Event Coordinator
Our next event on February 15’th is our annual Technical Day.
We will be focusing on a few things that will help us all:
1. Changing a valve cover gasket and checking valve clearances on a Classic Mini;
2. Carburator adjustment on Classic Mini;
3. How to remove disc and drum brakes off a New MINI;
4. If time permits have other members vehicles put up on the hoist as well; and
5. We will have the monthly meeting there as well bringing everyone up to speed on the Club activities including the Mini Meet West 2015 event that we are co-hosting in Afterwards, for anyone wishing to, we can go for lunch.
When —- February 15th. 10 am. till 12:00
Where — Richard’s, Elk Lake Certigard Auto Centre 5498 Pat Bay Highway
Mini Meet West Registration is OPEN
New Years Day Drive Wrap Up
Weather was brisk but fantastic for the new years day drive. The drive started out at Tim Horton’s Shelbourne and Cedar Hill Cross Roads location. The event included a drive around the Oak Bay Waterfront, Dallas Road with a walk on the Victoria Breakwater then off to lunch. Approximately 15 people participated in the event.
Thanks Andrew for your video and photo’s. Alan thanks also for your photo’s
Alan’s photo’s from the day.
Follow Terry and Mikes Blog as they head out for East Meets West 2014 mini gathering..
Below is a link of a video of our participation in this years Oak Bay Parade:
Well looks like the fantastic spring weather is upon us and it looks like it will be a great weekend as well.
1. Don’t Forget the 9th Annual Restoration Fair and Swap Meet hosted by the Old English Car Club South Island Branch and the Saanich Peninsula Historical Artifacts Society (Heritage Acres) on Sunday, April 13th. It is located off Hwy 17 ( Pat Bay Hwy). We will be meeting there around 9 AM entry is $3.00 per person. Children under 12 get in for Free. We can fit up to 5 – 6 Mini/MINIs in our allocated space. We will have a tent as well. Don’t forget to bring a chair to relax in. There is a food vender as well, but you can bring your own if you like. Lets have a great day there.
2. Our April Meeting will be taking place at 6:30 pm-ish on Tuesday 15 April 2014 in the BMW dealership on Esquimalt Rd. We should have a bit of an update regarding the Mini Meet West 2015 event that we are co-hosting with Vancouver Mini Club.
If you have any event ideas, please bring them forward at the meeting or email Doug Hall our Events Coordinator at: email@example.com
Enjoy the fine weather and hope to see you at the upcoming events.
Terry (aka Da Prez!)
Dwayne Kalynchuk just emailed a couple pictures of the 2014 Mini Cooper S he spotted here in town at the speedway. Earl was happy to meet his new Mini Cooper S cousin. Dwayne I think that new mini would look really nice in your garage next to Earl! It’s even the right color!
Earl and His bigger cousin
Mini Tech Day
Everyone had a chance to peek about under their cars during the March Tech. Day. Richard passed on all sorts of interesting information during the two hour event which was capped off with a great brunch, enjoyed by all. Thanks again to Richard for all his professional advice.
Cheers Doug Hall
VMCC Events Coordinator
First off, I hope that the Mini/MINIs over in the UK have made it to higher ground, although it may be difficult to find or get there.
To our members there, hope you and your fellow enthusiasts won’t have too many problems caused by the deluge of rain.
The time sure passes by and here it is another opportunity to get together as a Club. The February meeting is being hosted by Mike Smith.
It will be held at 7pm-ish on Saturday, 15 February 2014.
We are always looking for ideas and if you have them, take the time to email me if you cannot attend the meeting.
Of course it is always better to attend the meetings as we have a great time discussing various activities surrounding our cars, and share ideas as well.
Hope to see you there.
Terry (aka Da Prez!)
Thanks to all who braved the weather and came to challenge their fear of heights.
We all managed through rain and snow to locate the seven mounts and answer the questions.
The winners were Lloyd and Dana, not only were they first to finish but recorded the lowest distance of 44.1 kms.
Second place went to Robert Atkins in his Classic mini with a distance of45.6 kms.
The event ended at the Sea Cider Cidery with everyone enjoying themselves while explaining their strategies of their route.
Doug, Event Coordinator VMCC