Lots of great events and meetings have taken place so far this year and more are on the way.
1. All British Meet at the Filberg Sunday, 17-18 Aug 2013 – The OECC Comox Valley branch is going to hold a Show and Shine at The Filberg Heritage Lodge and Park. There is much more happening in the area prior to the Saturday evening get-together. On Saturday, 17 August, the COMOX Air Show is being held. There is lots to see so if you travel on Friday, then you have all day Saturday at the airshow and then can do the OECC activity. If you want to get a place to stay, you better book soon. Be sure to check the website http://www.oecc.ca/cvb/upcoming.html and the Welcome and judging information link. If you know anyone else wanting to go, tell them they are very welcome to join us. Please ensure that your car is capable of making the trip. If you are planning to attend, email Terry at Terry_Hogan@shaw.ca or phone 250 472-1550. If I do not answer, leave a message and I will get back to you.
2. Cowichan Mill Bay Picnic 11 August 2013 – Held at the Brentwood School Field in Mill Bay. Contact 205 743-9114 for more information about this event. This year the picnic will be held on:
Sunday, August 11 , 2013 ( our 28th year! )
Location: Main Field, Brentwood College – Mill Bay
Entry Fee: $15
Once again the Rotary Club will provide a food concession.
Please contact David Knott for more information (250-743-1821) or email@example.com
For those driving in the Convoy, please meet at the Valley View Shopping Centre (junction of TCH and Cobble Hill / Cowichan Valley Rd) at 10:30 am. Convoy will leave at 11 am
3. Oak Bay Collector Car Festival 11 August 2013 – The Blethering Place Collector Car Festival stands apart from other car shows in that not-yet-finished cars are welcomed and eagerly sought out for participation. Cars begin arriving on the Avenue at 8 a.m. Participants are expected to stay until 4 p.m. Cost is $15.00 payable at the gate.
4. Portland, OR ABFM at the Portland International Raceway 30 Aug – 2 Sep 2013 – Here is the link for the Portland ABFM http://www.abfm-pdx.com/2013 The plan so far is to depart Victoria on Friday, 30 August 2013 on the 6:10 am COHO (Black Ball) ferry https://cohoferry.com/main/? Fares . It is recommended to book well in advance to ensure you are loaded on. We will meet inside the parking area of the Ferry Terminal, and it is a good idea to get a coffee before going into it. The departure time is either Sunday or Monday or whenever. Several cars plan to travel on Monday and board the 5:20 p.m. COHO at Port Angeles. If you plan to do this then Book in advance as a Return rather than One-Way. Again, your choice.
We will take the non I-5 route meaning the Hwy 101, 8, 12 , etc. down to the hotel. Final route has not been yet determined, but it won’t be long before we have it. This route takes about 7.5 hours including a lunch stop. We will arrive about 3-4 pm and there will be a registration pick up and social reception later at the PIR (Portland International Raceway) in the evening.
We do not usually partake in the Saturday BBQ Dinner, as in the past, we found it to be somewhat lacking and we usually go out as a group to eat somewhere else, but that is your decision.
We will be staying at this hotel. Again, your choice if you want to stay there as well. There are many hotels in the area.
9930 North Whitaker Road
Portland, OR 97217, United States
If you are planning to attend, email Terry at Terry_Hogan@shaw.ca or phone 250 472-1550. If I do not answer, leave a message and I will get back to you. Check out the Club website forum on the subject: http://victoriaminis.com/forum/?mingleforumaction=viewtopic&t=75 Offer any suggestions or thoughts about this trip.
If you know anyone else wanting to join our team, tell them they are very welcome to join us. Please ensure that your car is capable of making the trip. Although, I am not worried, I am still getting Richard Ford to look over Toots to make sure it is ready.
5. Monthly Meeting on Thursday 15 August, 2013 – Does anyone wish to host the Meeting? It will start at 7 p.m.-ish. You never know what kind of a car may show up and this is a good chance to talk about and show what you have done with your cars as well.
For further information regarding events contact Dwayne Kalynchuk.
Terry (aka Da Prez!)